Guarantee Definition & Meaning (Word History, Phrases Containing, Synonyms, Antonyms, Types, Example Sentences). What is Guarantee in English, Hindi, Urdu? fendiharis.com – ( Date. July 20, 2023 12:11:01 )
Definition of Guarantee:
A guarantee is a promise, assurance, or pledge made by one party (the guarantor) to take responsibility for another party’s (the beneficiary) obligations or performance in the event of default or failure to meet certain conditions. The guarantee provides a form of security or insurance to the beneficiary, ensuring that they will be compensated or their requirements will be fulfilled even if the primary party fails to do so.
Word History of Guarantee:
The word “guarantee” comes from the Old French word “garantie,” which originated from the Old French word “garantir.” In turn, “garantir” came from the Frankish words “warjan” (to protect) and “warjanjan” (to make sure or warrant).
Meaning in English
Guarantee Meaning in English:
In English, “guarantee” is a noun that refers to a formal promise or a verb that means to provide an assurance or security. As a noun, it is used to describe a pledge to assume responsibility for another person’s obligations or the thing promised or assured. As a verb, it denotes the act of making a formal promise or assurance.
Meaning in Hindi
Guarantee Meaning in Hindi:
In Hindi, “guarantee” is translated as “गारंटी” (gaaranti).
Meaning in Urdu
Guarantee Meaning in Urdu:
In Urdu, “guarantee” is translated as “ضمانت” (zamanat).
Interpretations of Guarantee:
- A promise made to compensate for financial loss or failure to meet obligations.
- An assurance given to ensure the fulfillment of specific terms or conditions.
- A formal contract or arrangement providing security or certainty to a party.
Types of Guarantee:
- Personal Guarantee: A guarantee made by an individual on behalf of another party.
- Financial Guarantee: A guarantee provided by a financial institution to secure financial transactions or loans.
- Performance Guarantee: A guarantee given to ensure the satisfactory completion of a project or service.
- Product Guarantee/Warranty: A guarantee offered by manufacturers to replace or repair products within a specified period if they are defective.
- Payment Guarantee: A guarantee given to ensure timely payment of debts or bills.
Phrases of Guarantee:
- Money-back guarantee.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Guarantee of quality.
- Full refund guarantee.
- Guarantee of authenticity.
- Limited warranty.
- Performance guarantee.
- Guarantee of satisfaction.
- Absolute guarantee.
Example Sentences of Guarantee:
- The company offers a money-back guarantee if the product doesn’t meet your expectations.
- Our hotel provides a guarantee of satisfaction, or your stay is free.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime guarantee on the craftsmanship of the furniture.
- The artist gives a guarantee of authenticity for each hand-signed print.
- The contractor provided a performance guarantee to ensure the completion of the construction project on time.
- The product comes with a limited warranty that covers manufacturing defects for one year.
- The seller’s guarantee of quality convinced the customer to make the purchase.
- We cannot process the refund until the return is received and inspected, as per our guarantee policy.
- The company’s CEO gave a personal guarantee to repay the loan if the business couldn’t meet its obligations.
- The payment guarantee from the bank helped secure the contract with the new client.
Similar words (Synonyms)
Similar words of Guarantee:
Assurance, warranty, promise, security, pledge, warranty, bond, commitment.
Opposite Words (Antonyms)
Opposite words of Guarantee:
Risk, uncertainty, peril, hazard, danger, insecurity.
What is Guarantee? A guarantee is a promise or assurance made by one party to take responsibility for another party’s obligations or to provide security against a potential loss or failure to fulfill specific conditions. Guarantees are commonly used in various contexts, such as financial transactions, contracts, purchases, and services, to ensure that the beneficiary is protected in case of default or non-compliance by the primary party.