Deal Definition & Meaning (Word History, Phrases Containing, Synonyms, Antonyms, Types, Example Sentences). What is Deal in English, Hindi, Urdu? fendiharis.com – ( Date. July 20, 2023 12:31:01 )
Definition of Deal:
A “deal” is a term with multiple meanings, but it generally refers to an agreement, transaction, or arrangement between two or more parties. It involves the exchange of goods, services, or information, often with the intention of achieving mutual benefits or resolving a particular situation.
Word History of Deal:
The word “deal” originated from Middle English “delen,” which meant “to distribute” or “to divide.” It has its roots in Old English “dǣlan” and Old High German “tēilen,” both conveying the idea of sharing or apportioning something.
Meaning in English
Deal Meaning in English:
In English, “deal” can be a noun or a verb. As a noun, it refers to an agreement or transaction, while as a verb, it means to take action in resolving a particular matter or situation.
Meaning in Hindi
Deal Meaning in Hindi:
In Hindi, “deal” can be translated as “सौदा” (sauda), “व्यापार” (vyaapaar), or “समझौता” (samjhauta).
Meaning in Urdu
Deal Meaning in Urdu:
In Urdu, “deal” can be translated as “معاہدہ” (mu’ahida) or “ٹھکرانا” (thukrana).
Interpretations of Deal:
The interpretations of the word “deal” can vary depending on the context. It could refer to a business agreement, a negotiation, a sales transaction, a compromise, or even how someone handles or manages a situation.
Types of Deal:
There are various types of deals, including:
- Business deals: Agreements or transactions between companies or individuals.
- Real estate deals: Transactions involving the buying, selling, or leasing of property.
- Financial deals: Agreements related to investments, loans, or mergers and acquisitions.
- Government deals: Agreements between governments or government agencies.
- Diplomatic deals: Negotiations and agreements between countries or diplomats.
Phrases of Deal:
- Strike a deal.
- Close a deal.
- Fair deal.
- Raw deal.
- Big deal.
- Seal the deal.
- Broker a deal.
- Sweeten the deal.
- Under-the-table deal.
- Done deal.
Example Sentences of Deal:
- We struck a deal to sell our old car to a local dealer.
- The negotiations were tough, but they finally closed the deal.
- It was a fair deal, and both parties were satisfied.
- She felt she got a raw deal in the promotion process.
- Don’t make such a big deal out of a small mistake.
- Once the terms are agreed upon, we’ll seal the deal.
- He’s skilled at brokering international deals between companies.
- The company offered a few perks to sweeten the deal for potential employees.
- Some politicians are accused of making under-the-table deals for personal gain.
- Buying the house was a done deal after the inspection passed.
Similar words (Synonyms)
Similar words of Deal:
Opposite words (Antonyms)
Opposite words of Deal:
What is Deal?
As summarized, a “deal” refers to an agreement, transaction, or arrangement between two or more parties, often involving the exchange of goods, services, or information, with the intention of achieving mutual benefits or resolving a particular situation. It is a versatile term used in various contexts, including business, negotiations, and everyday interactions.